We welcome applications for membership from community organisations with a commitment to nature conservation and environmental protection. Download an application form. See a list of our current members.
By becoming a member, your organisation will become part of vibrant democratic network of over 105 community environmental organisations. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other members, contribute to statewide environmental campaigns, shape organisational policy and access our services and support. Key benefits include:
Advocacy and representation
We promote positive change to legislation and policy for a more sustainable WA. We help make Government and industry accountable by ensuring transparency, and ensure the conservation community has a strong voice which continues to be heard.
- We meet regularly with Ministers, politicians and government agencies highlighting members concerns and issues
- We are the first point of contact for independent comment on environmental and sustainability issues in the media
- CCWA representatives sit on a number of government-appointed committees and consultation groups
Networks, contacts and environmental news
- CCWA has an extensive environmental network and can put you in contact with other environment groups so you can share ideas, strategies, resources and expertise
- We maintain relationships with industry and other peak civil society organisations
- Environmental news service including email updates, seminars and events
Promotion of your group, events and activities
- We will promote your group and its activities through our website, social media, and our extensive network
- Assistance with fundraising
- Assistance for your group to hold and promote an event during our annual Conservation Week
- Opportunity to nominate for the annual CCWA Conservation Awards
Strategic advice and support for your issues and campaigns
- Access to political and media contacts to ensure that your voice is heard
- Strategic campaign advice, lobbying
- Assist with queries relating to legislation, policy and writing submissions
- Regular training sessions, workshops and seminars to help build skills and capacity, and discuss current environment and sustainability issues.
Have your say on CCWA policies and decisions
Decisions on CCWA policy and other important matters are made by our Member Groups. As a Member Group you will have the right to vote on these matters.
We welcome applications for membership from community organisations with a commitment to nature conservation and environmental protection. Download an application form.