This full time position is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a small dynamic and committed team at Western Australia’s peak independent community based environment group.
We are seeking a highly motivated and outgoing person with strong community and environmental values to develop in this role. The successful applicant will work hard but love their work contributing directly to the protection of the environment and wildlife, tackling climate change and supporting communities across the state.
The Community Engagement and Communications Lead is responsible for working with volunteers, staff and community groups to engage supporters and members of the public in CCWA’s programs, events, campaigns and advocacy work.
The position is responsible for a diverse portfolio of work including:
- Manage and grow CCWA’s online presence (website and social media) including by sourcing, developing and publishing engaging and diverse content.
- Manage CCWA’s supporter communications including by email, social media and other engagement channels and by using a supporter CRM database.
- Coordinate and deliver CCWA’s community events including Spring Festival, EcoMay, Annual Conference, Environment Matters seminar series and other events.
- Support CCWA staff and Member Groups with media engagement and public relations including through issuing media statements and engaging with media.
- Manage CCWA’s relationships with Member Groups and community organisations.
- Coordinate CCWA’s program of training and development for Member Groups and volunteers.
- Manage CCWA’s volunteer program including recruitment, coordination and development of volunteers.
- Support community organising and other campaign activities undertaken by CCWA and community groups.
Applicants for this position will have experience community engagement, events, public relations, media, promotions, community organising, campaigning or other related fields. Prior experience with volunteer management and supporter engagement would be an advantage.
Prior experience is important; however a candidate with the right values and a can-do attitude can develop in the role. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing, and prepared to do what is needed to achieve results.
You will enjoy flexible working hours and the support of a team of committed colleagues and volunteers.
Salary range $50-60,000 (plus 9% superannuation) depending on experience.
Applications close on Monday 15 August 2016 at midday.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and a short statement (2-3 pages maximum) addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Application – Community Engagement and Communications Lead”
1) Please briefly outline why you would like to work in this role (let your personality, ethics and motivation show!).
2) Please outline what experience you have in coordinating a team to achieve results through collective effort.
3) Please outline any experience you have had in environmental advocacy or campaigning
4) Please outline any experience you have had dealing with the media or in public relations
5) Please outline any experience you have had with community organising
6) Please outline any experience you have in recruiting and managing volunteers
7) Please outline any experience you have with managing websites
8) Please outline any experience you have with using social media for community engagement and advocacy
9) Please outline any experience you have with coordinating events
10) Please outline any experience you have had using a CRM or supporter database.
11) Provide any other information you think might be relevant