Sorrento Beach Dune Rehabilitation
“Friends of Sorrento Beach” (FoSB), a sub-group of the “Joondalup Community Coast Care Forum, Inc”, is conducting a multi-year coastal ecosystem restoration project in Sorrento and Marmion, now stretching over 2km of coastal reserves. This event will focus on planting out about 1km of primary dunes with 1,200 Spinifex longifolius seedlings, to infill previous plantings. Our planting methods and aftercare ensure very high survival rates. We will finish the day off by showing participants some of the excellent outcomes that have been achieved to date.
1. Meet at the Sorrento Beach southern car park, which is on the south side of the Sorrento SLSC building, West Coast Drive, Sorrento. Ring 0438 710 527 if you can’t find us!
2. Participants must not to start work without signing on with the Coordinator and getting a demonstration of the planting methods to be used.
3. Bring a plastic bucket and clean gardening gloves (to avoid the inadvertent transfer of soil borne pathogens). Some tools will be required, but they will be supplied at this event.
4. Participants need to wear shoes, long pants, long sleeve shirt, a hat and bring a bottle of water A rain coat is needed if it is likely to be some rain. If really wet, this event will be rescheduled!
5. Some morning tea will be provided.
140 W Coast Dr
Sorrento, WA 6020
Google map and directions