Workshop – Unleash the power of community
Communities taking control of their future – find out how you can do it in Stirling.
Have you ever thought "I wish the council would …
- revegetate the local bushland
- run a workshop on recycling
- install play equipment at my local park
- paint that ugly fence with a beautiful mural
- slow the traffic on my street
- help me get to know my neighbours
- run some events that I’m actually interested in"
How would you feel if you had the power to do those things yourself and not wait for the council to do them?
Residents in the City of Seattle took control of their futures, got together with their neighbours and implemented all of those projects with some support of their council.
Jim Diers, the founding Director of the City of Seattle’s Department of Neighbourhoods will be discussing how these projects happened, and how residents in the City of Stirling can work with their neighbours and other members of their community, to implement similar projects here.
Who should attend:
- Anyone with ideas for community projects they would love to see happen.
- Anyone interested in working with their neighbours to make their local area better.
- Anyone who has ever thought “I wish the council would…..”
Cost: Free - Bookings essential as places are limited, secure your place at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/jim-diers-neighbourhoods-taking-action-tickets-16951124269
For more information about the workshop, go to http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=310136f0a038e60d67e297992&id=12a15cb32e&e=f0cbaafb55
20 Castle St
North Beach, WA 6020
Google map and directions