Eco May Designer (voluntary)
CCWA’s Eco May is the largest community focused environment event in Western Australia. Eco May is a month filled with events by conservation organisations, community groups, schools and individuals showcasing their work to the community, inspiring participation in on the ground and environmental advocacy work and making a difference!
CCWA is looking for a passionate, innovative and organised team player to become our 2016 Eco May Designer.
Purpose and responsibilities
The Eco May Designer is a key member of the Community Engagement portfolio. They will play a vital role in ensuring high-level engagement with the community for Eco May, in order to ensure the growth and sustainability of CCWA and it’s member groups.
As a Designer, you’ll be a central part of Eco May’s Communications team, enabling our supporter engagement, meeting regularly, to organise and deliver Eco May, and make it as innovative, engaging and successful as possible.
Specifically, The Eco May Designer will:
- Work closely with the core team to assess our creative needs and create a plan for development and delivery;
- Produce online and offline communication material to engage supporters and member groups: graphics, flyers, and other branded elements (utilising Eco May and CCWA logos and brand identities);
- Offer advice and suggestions for Eco May’s online and print-material strategy & implementation; and
- Ensure all Eco May printed content reflect CCWA’s brand and reputation.
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a passionate and creative individual: someone who is keen to join our fun and agile community in working towards an environmentally sustainable Western Australia.
The Eco May Designer is someone who:
- Possesses a knack for creativity but also an eye for detail
- Loves being across the latest trends in branding and design
- Is deeply passionate about sustainability
- Has integrity, humility and a positive attitude
- Has the potential to learn and grow rapidly
- Feels comfortable working as part of a team
- Is innovative and willing to bring new ideas to the table
- Has excellent time and task management skills
It would also be great (but not imperative) if you have:
- Demonstrated experience creating social media images and flyers
- Demonstrated experience using Photoshop and other graphic design software
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. You will be at the epicentre of our community engagement activities - taking informed and meaningful action. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. This is an opportunity to expand on your professional experience and creative portfolio with work that makes a difference
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- Make a significant impact in Western Australia
- Meet new people and create new relationships within the eNGO sector
- Work in a fast-paced, fun and energetic organisation
1 -2 days per week until May 2016 with the possibility of an extension to work on other projects.
Get In Touch
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page telling us why you’d be good for the role, and a current CV of no more than 2 pages. Please send to Anna at ccwa.events@ccwa,org,au. Or call 9420 7266 for more information.
Applications close on 11 March 2016, or when the right applicant is found.
PS. We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.