Events Officer (voluntary)
CCWA is looking for a passionate and organised team player to become our Events Officer.
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) has been Western Australia’s peak environment and sustainability organisation for over 45 years. CCWA represents and supports over 100 community based groups with a diverse range of interests across Western Australia.
Our vision is to support, inspire and empower the WA community to protect and restore the natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Western Australia.
We raise awareness to build widespread public support, we partner with other organisations to build powerful alliances, and influence policy change by ensuring WA leaders take action for our environment.
Purpose and responsibilities
As the Events Officer, you will manage logistics and operations for events in the Supporter Engagement portfolio, ensuring that our supporters are taken on an exciting and immersive journey to engage them with our work and the issues that we campaign on.
The Events Officer will be responsible for:
- Innovating exciting events with the purpose of engaging CCWA’s supporter base
- Collaborating with the Supporter Engagement, Campaigns and Communications teams in order to execute well presented, exciting and immersive events to our audiences
- Tracking budgets and expenditure over the course of event planning
- Working with the extended leadership team in order to identify key moments through which to engage supporters
The success of the Events Officer will be measured by:
- Attendance and attrition rates
- Level of engagement of attendees with issues presented
- Fulfillment of the shared objectives of each event
Who we’re looking for
The Events Officer is someone who::
- Is passionate about protecting WA’s environment
- Has integrity, humility and a positive attitude
- Is capable of working in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Is an all-rounder who is quick to learn new skills, take on new challenges, and grow in the role
- Is a strategic thinker with the ability to relate detail to the big-picture and vice versa
- Is a capable people and project manager
- Feels comfortable working independently and in a team
- Has flexible and innovative problem solving skills
It would also be great if you have:
- Cold calling and pitching skills
- Demonstrated experience in events management
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. As a CCWA volunteer you will:
- Grow personally and professionally while taking actions towards creating impactful change
- Take on responsibilities that will challenge and broaden your thinking
- Have the opportunity to train and lead a team
- Make a significant impact in Western Australia’s conservation movement
- Meet other passionate and inspiring people
- Have fun!
- Work with and learn from experienced campaigners
Hours: 7-12 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, training and organisational wide events. These are the key moments that bring us to together, to strategise, learn new skills and grow as a community.
Duration of position: minimum 6 months
Reports to: Supporter Engagement Coordinator
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 31 March, or when a suitable applicant is found.