Frack Free Assistant Community Organiser (voluntary)
CCWA is looking for a passionate and organised team player to become our Community Organiser volunteer assistant.
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) has been Western Australia’s peak environment and sustainability organisation for over 45 years. CCWA represents and supports over 100 community based groups with a diverse range of interests across Western Australia.
Our vision is to support, inspire and empower the WA community to protect and restore the natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Western Australia.
We raise awareness to build widespread public support, we partner with other organisations to build powerful alliances, and influence policy change by ensuring WA leaders take action for our environment.
Purpose and responsibilities
The Community Organiser volunteer assistant will assist the Frack Free campaigner to grow and build on action for a Frack Free Western Australia
This will involve collaborative and independent planning for group growth and areas for new groups under supervision of the Frack Free campaigner; arranging logistics such as booking venues, event promotion and organising volunteer rosters; working with convenors of some of CCWA’s partner groups, as well as communicating with external organisations.
Your key tasks will be:
- Working with the Frack Free team to plan and deliver events to develop and grow groups.
- Community mapping for the purpose of seeding groups.
- Working on plans for seeding groups or finding activists in regional and or new areas to the Frack Free campaign
- Managing volunteers/ working directly with key groups and activists
- Creating materials and developing workshop content.
- Participating in group activities and events
- Coordinating event promotion.
- Basic admin, booking of venues and recording data.
Who we’re looking for
The Recruitment Officer is someone who:
● Is passionate about protecting our environment
● Possesses a knack for creativity but also an eye for detail
● Has experience coordinating events or other project management
● Has strong written and oral communication skills
● Is not afraid to take on challenges and is willing to learn
● Can build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
● Feels comfortable working independently and in a team
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience working with volunteers/activists
- Experience volunteering or working with a community organization.
- Experience in campaigning and advocacy
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. As a CCWA volunteer you will:
- Gain project management and community organising skills
- Gain event management and mobilisation skills
- Inspire thousands of West Australians to take action for the environment
- Increase the impact of CCWA’s Frack Free campaign
- Meet other passionate and inspiring people
- Have fun!
- Work with and learn from experienced campaigners
- Gain access to training and development opportunities that will change the way you work
Hours: 7-12 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, training and organisational wide events. These are the key moments that bring us to together, to strategise, learn new skills and grow as a community.
Duration of position: 6 months
Reports to: Frack Free campaigner
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 31 March, or when a suitable applicant is found.