Aims and objects of the Possum Centre according to our constitution:
- To help preserve the Western Ringtail Possum in conjunction with relevant governmental organisations and environment industry partners to ensure a healthy, productive and sustainable co-existence between people and possums.
- To develop, operate and maintain a co-operative group in order to research, promote and protect possums and other wildlife of the South West of Western Australia but in particular the Western Ringtail Possum.
- To provide medical aid for injured or orphaned possums and assist in health research.
- To assist in the provision of care, shelter and rehabilitation of possums and their release into a suitable natural environment.
- To actively promote the preservation and regeneration of native habitat.
- To raise public awareness and increase knowledge and community involvement.
- To encourage awareness within the youth of the community.
- To provide an 'information pool' for professionals and the general public.
- To provide networking opportunities for interested stakeholders.