CCWA is looking for a passionate, innovative and organised team player to become our Spring Festival Coordinator.
CCWA’s Spring Festival is the largest community focused environmental sustainability festival in Western Australia, held annually in spring, in the Perth CBD. The event includes workshops, children’s entertainment, stalls, talks and more with the themes of environment, sustainable living and conservation.
Purpose and responsibilities
The Spring Festival Coordinator is a key member of the Community Engagement portfolio. They will play a vital role in ensuring high level engagement with the community for Spring Festival, in order to ensure the growth and sustainability of CCWA and it’s member groups.
The Spring Festival Coordinator will:
- Work with the other members of the team, meeting regularly, to organise and deliver Spring Festival, and make it as innovative, engaging and successful as possible.
- Develop the overall organising and event strategy with the team.
- Collaborate with the team to carry out the following stages of organising the event:
- Confirming a venue space for the event at the lowest cost possible
- Organising the curation of information, food and other stalls
- Curating entertainment and workshops for the event
- Liaising with partner organisations to run parts of the event
- Sourcing donation items for a raffle during the event
- Creating media and promotional material
- Coordinating other volunteers at the event
The success of the Spring Festival Coordinator will be measured by:
- Attendance numbers for the event
- Extent of media outreach
- Level of attendee satisfaction
- Level of stall holder and speaker satisfaction
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a passionate individual: someone who is keen to join our fun and agile community in working towards an environmentally sustainable Western Australia. The Spring Festival Coordinator is someone who:
- Is deeply passionate about sustainability
- Has integrity, humility and a positive attitude
- Has the potential to learn and grow rapidly
- Is capable of working in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Feels comfortable working as part of a team
- Is innovative and willing to bring new ideas to the table
- Has excellent time and task management skills
It would also be great (but not imperative) if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in events management or planning
- Demonstrated experience in Public or Media relations
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. You will be at the epicentre of our community engagement program - taking meaningful action. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. This is an opportunity for you to:
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- Make a significant impact
- Work in a fast-paced, fun and energetic organisation
Hours: 8-12 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, and occasional training.
Duration of position: 6 months
Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 21 August, or when a suitable applicant is found.