Community Organisers x 3
Our campaigns team is looking to grow and recruit into a number of exciting roles. We have an ambitious agenda, and we are looking for experienced, skilled, and dynamic staff who are passionate about working with communities to drive change.
The Community Organisers work within the organising team to build grassroots power by leading the implementation of a strategy that will increase the number of people involved, leaders trained, and engagement of people with influence to achieve our advocacy goals. We are currently recruiting organisers for our fossil fuels and climate-related work (gas campaign and Clean State).
- Work location: Perth (Currently in the process of relocating to a new office in West Perth)
- Grade: SACS Award – Level 3
- Salary (FTE): $64,500 – $70,000 per annum + superannuation, determined by relevant experience
- Hours: Full time including a requirement to work outside of normal work hours at times (part-time considered)
As an organiser you will be responsible for:
- Volunteer recruitment, retention, training and leadership development
- Training volunteers to take leadership and organise on-ground campaign activities to deliver key organising and campaign objectives under strategic direction. These activities may include but are not limited to distributed events, stalls, phone banking, door knocking, MP meetings and actions, mobilisation events and rallies.
- Developing and adapting training materials that meet volunteers’ needs, expectations and existing experience levels.
- Engagement with different stakeholder groups, including local government and businesses.
- Attending and facilitating volunteer meetings, events and training in the field where required.
- Drafting high-quality event materials, creative collateral and supporter communications.
- Participating in a strong team culture of experimentation, innovation, evaluation and learning.
- Working constructively within the organising team to execute its strategy and meet its goals.
- Data management and administration.
YOU WILL BE SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Passionate about creating social change, especially building people-power to help drive a just transition to address climate change.
- Has strong digital skills and a willingness to learn new technologies, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening and meaningful conversations.
- Cares deeply about supporting others to step up into leadership.
- Ambitious and excited about scale - knowing that we need to do more, faster and bigger than ever before.
- Are nimble with a can-do attitude and come up with creative solutions to tricky situations.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience building strong and diverse communities of volunteers
- Prior experience working with volunteers
- Experience in copywriting or persuasive email writing
- Experience in planning creative actions
- Experience with NationBuilder
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Current Working with Children's Check
If these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than a positive attitude, initiative and willingness to learn.
To apply, head to our Ethical Jobs advertisement.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, a diverse range of genders, people with disability and others with diverse experiences to apply for this opportunity.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] using the subject line: Community Organiser enquiry, for any questions you may have about the roles or CCWA.