We are seeking an experienced media specialist to join our dynamic Clean State campaign team. The campaign is focused on tackling Australia's fastest-growing source of carbon pollution, and the delivering action on climate change at the state government level.
This is a major opportunity for an experienced professional to make a globally significant difference in climate change. Western Australia is ‘ground zero’ in Australia’s battle against rising pollution. Gas production in WA is the country’s fastest-growing pollution source and WA is the only state with no climate policy or targets for emissions or renewable energy.
Our Clean State campaign has already achieved significant traction and we are looking for a driven communications and media expert to take the campaign to the next level.
Reports to: Campaign Director - Climate Change and Fossil Fuels
Hours: Full time including the requirement to work outside of normal work hours at times
Remuneration: Competitive NGO rates- negotiated dependent on skills, experience, and previous track record
You will lead and deliver the media engagement strategy for a major campaign to achieve climate action by industry and government in Western Australia. The campaign is tackling Australia’s fastest-growing source of pollution – the liquid natural gas export industry as part of a broader effort to effort to deliver stronger economy-wide climate change policies here in Western Australia.
- In collaboration with the CCWA’s media and communications team, lead the further development and implementation of media efforts to support the campaign including campaign narrative, messaging, and voices across traditional media, new media and online and offline platforms
- Proactively monitor the media and news cycles
- Develop provocative media opportunities for the campaign and its affiliates, engage with media outlets to ensure campaign messages are represented prominently in the WA and national media landscape, and ensure reactive media opportunities for the campaign are maximised.
- Develop paid media, advertising, and visibility strategies for the campaign including creative content and messaging, and engage external providers as necessary to implement and deliver these strategies.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Proven abilities in media engagement for major advocacy campaigns, preferably with direct experience in the area of climate change and/or fossil fuel issues.
- Experience engaging and coordinating third party voices and spokespeople across a range of different sectors.
- A strong grasp of policy and decision making processes in government, political parties and the corporate environment and how these processes are affected by campaign and advocacy communications.
- Established contacts and relationships in the media, creative and advertising industries, especially in Western Australia, would be considered assets
- Experience and skills in creative content creation, an asset
- Ability to deliver outcomes in a timely way as part of a driven team working in a dynamic and high-pressure campaign environment.
Please apply with your CV and a short statement addressing the selection criteria.
For further information about this position, or to apply, please email Melissa Wheeler at [email protected]org.au marked: Media Specialist application via CCWA website.