We welcome applications for membership from community organisations with a commitment to nature conservation and environmental protection. By being a member of the Conservation Council of WA, your organisation will be part of a vibrant democratic network of more than 100 community environmental organisations. View our current Member Groups here.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other members, contribute to statewide environmental campaigns, shape organisational policy, and access our services and support.
Benefits of Membership
Advocacy and representation
We promote positive change to legislation and policy for a more sustainable WA. We help make Government and industry accountable by ensuring transparency, and ensure the conservation community has a strong voice that continues to be heard.
- We meet regularly with Ministers, politicians and government agencies highlighting members concerns and issues
- We are the first point of contact for independent comment on environmental and sustainability issues in the media
- CCWA representatives sit on a number of government-appointed committees and consultation groups
Strategic advice and support for your issues and campaigns
- Access to political and media contacts to ensure that your voice is heard
- Strategic campaign advice and access to advocacy tools
- Assist with queries relating to legislation, policy, and writing submissions
- Regular training sessions, workshops, and seminars to help build skills and capacity, and to discuss current environment and sustainability issues
Networks, contacts, and environmental news
- CCWA has an extensive environmental network and can put you in contact with other environment groups so you can share ideas, strategies, resources and expertise
- We maintain relationships with industry and other peak civil society organisations
- Environmental news service including email updates, seminars and events
Promotion of your group, events, and activities
- We will promote your group and its activities through our website, social media, and our extensive network
- Assistance with fundraising
- Assistance for your group to hold and promote an event during our annual Conservation Week
- Opportunity to nominate for the annual CCWA Conservation Awards