We are a community-based coalition advocating sustainable transport in Western Australia. We have a Committee elected each year and the following Committee members speak to the media:
Convenor- Ian Ker (first general contact, walking, travel behaviour change, public transport, social and disability issues)- 0435 305 662
Secretary- David Rice (meaning of sustainability)- 0421 525 833
Treasurer- David Worth (peak oil)- 0414 509 043
Members- Bruce Robinson (Convenor ASPO Australia- (peak oil & cycling)- 9384 7409 ), Ben Rose, Steven Kovaks, Jon Offer, George Brown and Curtis Clark
The Coalition seeks more sustainable and liveable communities where people are less dependent upon the car and have better access to travel alternatives. We seek a transport system and land use pattern that facilitates access, protects the environment and promotes community.
To this end we:
- Develop and advocate policy and action for sustainable transport
- Promote community awareness
- Involve people in taking action to make changes
- Research and lobby on issues of concern
- Monitor policy and performance of government
- Network with others, seek support and raise funds.
(08) 6293 1592