Igniting a generation: renewable energy workshop for youth
Calling on the next generation of Earth Guardians
Ever wondered where your electricity comes from? Learn about energy resources from renewables to non-renewables.
What you can do to reduce your carbon footprint?
Free family event
Location: Wesley Uniting Church, cnr Hay and William Street
Entry to the event hall is 97 William street, through the glass door and upstairs. Look for the signs!
What to bring: your lunch and water bottle
- Landfill gases and the effects on the climate. Take a close look at what you can do at home while we look at one of the worlds most dedicated waste warriors- worms!
- A trees story. How a tree can store carbon and cool the suburbs. Stand up for old trees and learn how to responsibly plant new trees in the suburbs. Talk to Ellenby Tree Farm.
- Wind energy. Learn from groups that are campaigning to bring wind energy to Perth suburbs. Find out how wind turbines work and make your own miniature windmill
- Solar Energy. The Earths greatest resource
- People powered travel. Tackle climate change as you get around old school on bikes, scooters and skateboards. The effects of the transport industry.
- What is fracking? Learn what all the noise is about.
This event has been created in response to the LNG18 event for kids that is being promoted in Perth for the school holidays. Running an event on 'clean energy' while promoting fracking and fossil fuels as a 'green' resource is not responsible action for the future of the planet and for children. This event is for families who are genuinely interested in learning about renewable energy and keen to have some hands on fun.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/761291277338707