The aim of this group is to:
1) To encourage and assist State Associations to:
- promote ethical and professional standards of work and conduct among their members,
- to make surveys and studies, hold exhibitions, conferences, symposia, seminars and forums,
- present lectures and papers on matters and problems of interest,
- research and discuss problems relating to inventing and innovating, and
- to publish and distribute books, pamphlets, periodicals, papers and articles.
2) To represent the common interests of the State Associations and to deliver this representation to state and federal government bodies and other national organisations.
3) To encourage and assist in the formation and operation of organisations with similar objectives throughout Australia and the world.
The State Associations are independent bodies with complete control of their own finances, memberships and the election of their office bearers.