Online Community Manager (voluntary)
CCWA is looking for a passionate and organised team player to become our Online Community Manager.
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) has been Western Australia’s peak environment and sustainability organisation for over 45 years. CCWA represents and supports over 100 community based groups with a diverse range of interests across Western Australia.
Our vision is to support, inspire and empower the WA community to protect and restore the natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Western Australia.
We raise awareness to build widespread public support, we partner with other organisations to build powerful alliances, and influence policy change by ensuring WA leaders take action for our environment.
Purpose and responsibilities
The Online Community Manager will be responsible for working with the Digital team to strengthen email campaigning through the creation of lists and developing an online community on NationBuilder. If you are passionate about the role digital plays in driving social change, this role is for you.
In particular, you’ll be responsible for:
- Categorizing volunteers and supporters through list creation for email campaigns, phone banking and various forms of offline organising
- Improving and maintaining online profiles of volunteers and supporters
- Developing a thorough understanding of NationBuilder and strategies on how it can be used to improve engagement with volunteers and supporters
Who we’re looking for
The Online Community Manager is someone who:
- Is a bold thinker, unafraid to think outside the box
- Possesses a knack for creativity but also an eye for detail
- Is passionate about protecting our environment
- Has the potential to learn and grow rapidly
- Is capable of working in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Can build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Feels comfortable working both independently and in a team
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. You will be at the centre of our campaigns and engagement programs - taking meaningful action. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. As a CCWA volunteer you will:
- Inspire thousands of West Australians to take action for the environment
- Increase the impact of CCWA’s major campaigns
- Have fun!
- Meet other passionate and inspiring people
- Work with and learn from experienced campaigners
- Gain access to training and development opportunities that will change the way you work
Hours: 10-15 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, training and organisational wide events. These are the key moments that bring us to together, to strategise, learn new skills and grow as a community.
Duration of position: 6-12 months
Reports to: Digital Organiser
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | email@example.com
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 31 March, or when a suitable applicant is found.