CCWA is looking for a passionate and experienced person with an eye for detail, to become our Web Developer.
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) has been Western Australia’s peak environment and sustainability organisation for over 45 years. CCWA represents and supports over 100 community based groups with a diverse range of interests across Western Australia.
Our vision is to support, inspire and empower the WA community to protect and restore the natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Western Australia.
Purpose and responsibilities
As Web Developer, you’ll be a critical member of CCWA’s communications team, providing broad oversight of the look, feel and content of our online presence.
You’ll lead the design, build and maintenance of ccwa.org.au, and exciting, customised online communications campaigns to deeply engage supporters with our work.
Down to the detail, the Web Developer will:
- Work closely in collaboration with the CCWA team to design and build future iterations of the ccwa.org.au website
- Maintain and update content on the website, across web pages, blogs and the backend
- Custom build interactive web experiences within ccwa.org.au for specific communications campaigns, including donations pages, petitions, and the annual report
- Design and oversee clear processes and policies for the creation and modification of website content
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a passionate individual. Someone who keen to our join a fun and agile community in working towards an environmentally sustainable WA. The Web Developer is someone who:
The Web Developer is someone who:
- Is passionate about environmental sustainability
- Has integrity, humility and a positive attitude
- Has the potential to learn and grow rapidly
- Is capable of working in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Has an eye for detail and visual design
- Is confident in working independently
It would also be great for you to have:
- Experience with NationBuilder CRM
- Copy-writing experience
- Digital Marketing experience
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. You will be at the centre of our community engagement program - taking meaningful action. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Increase the impact of CCWA’s work
- Meet other passionate and inspiring people
- Grow - personally and professionally, with opportunities to receive mentoring and training
Hours: 8-12 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, training and organisational wide events. These are the key moments that bring us to together, to strategise, learn new skills and grow as a community.
Duration of position: 6-12 months
Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | email@example.com
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 15 August, or when a suitable applicant is found.