Recruitment Officer (voluntary)
CCWA is looking for a passionate and organised team player to become our Recruitment Officer.
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) has been Western Australia’s peak environment and sustainability organisation for over 45 years. CCWA represents and supports over 100 community based groups with a diverse range of interests across Western Australia.
Our vision is to support, inspire and empower the WA community to protect and restore the natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Western Australia.
We raise awareness to build widespread public support, we partner with other organisations to build powerful alliances, and influence policy change by ensuring WA leaders take action for our environment.
Purpose and responsibilities
Recruiting the best possible candidates for CCWA is essential for continuing to grow and develop as an organisation, and to be effective in the work that we do. As a Recruitment Officer, you will play an important role in ensuring that the recruitment process is efficient, inclusive and produces ideal applicants. You will also be representing CCWA to potential candidates so play a vital role in establishing and maintaining our brand.
The Recruitment Officer will be involved in the following:
● Identifying suitable and diverse recruitment channels
● Designing recruitment advertisements to put out on different advertising platforms
● Forwarding collected job applications to the hiring managers for evaluation and interviews.
● Maintaining an active and organised data bank of applicants
● Representing CCWA while communicating with potential applicants and various stakeholders.
● Assisting the team in creating and implementing recruitment strategies.
The success of the Recruitment Officer will be measured by:
• Increased number, quality and diversity of applicants
• Greater sector and public awareness of the opportunities gained from volunteering at CCWA
Who we’re looking for
The Recruitment Officer is someone who::
● Is passionate about protecting our environment
● Possesses a knack for creativity but also an eye for detail
● Has strong written and communication skills
● Is not afraid to take on challenges and is willing to learn
● Can build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
● Feels comfortable working independently and in a team
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. As a CCWA volunteer you will:
- Help inspire thousands of West Australians to take action for the environment
- Increase the impact of CCWA’s major campaigns
- Meet other passionate and inspiring people
- Have fun!
- Work with and learn from experienced organisers and campaigners
- Gain access to training and development opportunities that will change the way you work
Hours: 7-12 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, training and organisational wide events. These are the key moments that bring us to together, to strategise, learn new skills and grow as a community.
Duration of position: minimum 6 months
Reports to: People and Operations Coordinator
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | [email protected]
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 31 March, or when a suitable applicant is found.