CCWA is looking for a passionate, innovative and organised team player to become our Spring Festival Marketing Officer.
CCWA’s Spring Festival is the largest community focused environmental sustainability festival in Western Australia, held annually in spring, in the Perth CBD. The event includes workshops, children’s entertainment, stalls, talks and more with the themes of environment, sustainable living and conservation.
Purpose and responsibilities
The Spring Festival Marketing Officer is a key member of the Spring Festival organising team. They will play a vital role in ensuring high level engagement with the community for Spring Festival, in order to attract thousands of community members to Spring Festival.
The Spring Festival Marketing Officer will:
- Work with the other members of the team, to organise and deliver Spring Festival, and make it as innovative, engaging and successful as possible.
- Develop the Spring Festival marketing strategy in collaboration with the organising team
- Develop database of promotion contacts and coordinate marketing through various media channels
- Create media and promotional material with support from designer and other team members
- Assist with recruiting other marketing and media volunteers, as required
The success of the Spring Festival Marketing Officer will be measured by:
- Attendance numbers for the event
- Extent of media outreach
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a passionate individual: someone who is keen to join our fun and agile team in working towards an environmentally sustainable Western Australia. The Spring Festival Marketing Officer is someone who:
- Is passionate about environmental sustainability
- Has integrity, humility and a positive attitude
- Has the potential to learn and grow
- Is capable of working in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Feels comfortable working as part of a team
- Is innovative and willing to bring new ideas to the table
- Has excellent time and task management skills
- Is highly experienced in using social media
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
It would also be great (but not imperative) if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in Marketing and Communications
- Demonstrated experience in Public or Media relations
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. You will be at the epicentre of our community engagement program - taking meaningful action. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. This is an opportunity for you to:
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- Make a significant impact
- Work in a fast-paced, fun and energetic organisation
Hours: 8-12 hours a week
Some of this time (about 10%) will be spent on things outside of your direct responsibilities. You’ll attend team meetings, and occasional training.
Duration of position: 6 months
Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | [email protected]
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, experience and 2 referees (written or verbal).
Applications close 21st August, or when a suitable applicant is found.