The South West Fairy Tern Project will be conducting a series of conservation workshops and field days over the spring / summer period in 2015. In most cases field days will follow workshop days whilst in others (e.g. in the NAR region) on-ground activities will be organised by arrangement with participants from the different coastal communities.
At the end of the project it is anticipated that collectively we will have developed up to six 'Local Fairy Tern Conservation Strategies' and established a network of appropriately trained conservation volunteers.
The following dates have been earmarked for the Fairy Tern workshops / field days in different regions.
- Southern Metropolitan Coastal Waters - Rockingham 19 &20 September 2015
- Turquoise and Silver Coasts (NAR) - Jurien Bay on 4 October
- Nornalup Inlet - Walpole 16 & 17 October 2015
- Peel-Yalgorup - Mandurah 5 & 6 December
- Abrolhos Islands- Rat Island 12 & 13 December
To indicate your interest in participating please contact CCWA's Citizen Science Coordinator, Dr Nic Dunlop:
[email protected] or Mobile 0409014030