In just a few short decades, plastic has found its way into almost every part of our lives and into every corner of the planet.
And WA is no exception. The rising tide of plastic pollution is choking, poisoning, and starving our wildlife, and even polluting the food we eat.
Unless we take action to address this global problem now, it is estimated that the plastic in our oceans will outweigh our fish by 2050!
Join us to hear the perspectives of scientists, campaigners, and politicians, followed by an engaging panel discussion and audience Q&A.
- Cr Jon Strachan - Councillor at City of Fremantle, working on plastic bag ban
- Robin Chapple MLC - Greens Member for Mining and Pastoral Region, introduced Bill to Ban Plastic
- Liza Dicks - Campaign Coordinator for Sea Shepherd Australia’s Marine Debris Campaign
- Dr Erina Young - WA Turtle Researcher, conducted Tina the Turtle’s autopsy
- Amy Warne - Campaigner for Plastic Free July
- Speaker TBA - Scientist from Citizen Science Microplastics Project
After the formal part of the evening, you will have the opportunity to take action for a Plastic Free WA.
This event is an initiative of CCWA’s Plastic Free WA campaign in collaboration with Plastic Free July, Sea Shepherd Australia Marine Debris Campaign, and Boomerang Alliance.