Supporter Engagement Assistant (voluntary)
CCWA is looking for a passionate and organised team player to become our Supporter Engagement Assistant.
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) has been Western Australia’s peak environment and sustainability organisation for over 45 years. CCWA represents and supports over 100 community based groups with a diverse range of interests across Western Australia.
Our vision is to support, inspire and empower the WA community to protect and restore the natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Western Australia.
We raise awareness to build widespread public support, we partner with other organisations to build powerful alliances, and influence policy change by ensuring WA leaders take action for our environment.
Purpose and responsibilities
The Supporter Engagement Assistant provides administrative, operational and research assistance to the Supporter Engagement team and wider CCWA community.
The Supporter Engagement Assistant will be involved in the following:
● Attending to front-of-house enquiries (phone, walk-ins and emails)
● Organise, pack and unpack stall kits.
● Performing general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, data entry, copying and mailing.
● Providing administrative assistant to the Supporter Engagment team, including sorting emails, updating the database and liaising with people.
● Assist with desk-based research.
Who we’re looking for
The Supporter Engagement Assistant is someone who:
● Is passionate about protecting our environment, is politically aware and has an interest in advocacy
● Has experience with Outlook email, social media, Word and Excel
● Possesses an eye for detail
● Has strong written and oral communication skills
● Is reliable and highly organised
● Is not afraid to take on challenges and is willing to learn
● Feels comfortable working independently and in a team
What you get out of it
Being a CCWA volunteer is a unique experience. Through the work that we do, you will learn and grow, both personally and professionally. As a CCWA volunteer you will:
- Help inspire thousands of West Australians to take action for the environment
- Gain administration experience and improve communication skills
- Increase the impact of CCWA’s major campaigns
- Meet other passionate and inspiring people
- Have fun!
- Work with and learn from experienced organisers and campaigners
- Increased understanding of WA conservation issues and campaigns, and experience working for a environmental NGO
Hours: 4-5 hours a week
Duration of position: minimum 4 months
Reports to: People and Operations Coordinator
To submit an application, or for further questions
Contact: Simone van Hattem | Community Engagement Lead | [email protected]
Please forward a cover letter of no more than 1 page and a current CV of no more than 2 pages, including your personal details, and experience.
Applications close 31 March, or when a suitable applicant is found.