Program Manager - Citizen Science
The Conservation Council of WA’s (CCWA) Citizen Science Program has been operating since 2007 and is now entering an exciting new phase of growth and development.
Working alongside our Programs Director, the Citizen Science Program Manager will be focused on developing a range of engaging and effective evidence-based programs that get community members out in nature to achieve real environmental outcomes.
WHO WE ARE
CCWA is Western Australia’s leading not-for-profit environment group, with a history of running strategic, people-powered campaigns that win action on climate change and improved environmental outcomes.
Citizen science is a research and monitoring program driven by volunteers and scientists to gather data and answer questions about real-world questions. CCWA's Citizen Science Program is designed to generate engagement at a community level and fill some of the important gaps in knowledge left by our governments, industries and research institutions. Observations can contribute to ecological research and monitoring. Outcomes from this include improved local environmental knowledge, community empowerment in decision-making processes and an increased engagement with the natural environment.
Our collaboration between scientists, graduates, students, community groups and non-government organisations enables us to achieve amazing things.
- Hours: Full-time (part-time considered)
- Location: The position is based in West Perth, Western Australia. We are open to considering remote/flexible working arrangements or assisting in relocation for the right candidate.
- Salary guide: $100,000 - 110,000 p/a + super, dependent on skills and experience
The Citizen Science Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Project design and development for our Citizen Science program (including project planning and design, communications and implementation)
- Working with program partners to ensure projects are delivered, and program objectives achieved
- Identifying opportunities to grow the program, engaging partners to participate in program initiatives
- Writing high-quality, evidence-based and engaging content
- Building and maintaining proactive relationships with external stakeholders and project partners
- Being an effective advocate in public forums, news media, and social media
- Volunteer engagement and coordination
- Demonstrated project development and project management skills
- Experiencing in analysing complex scientific information and providing evidence-based insights
- Demonstrated success in developing strategic partnerships and relationships with a broad range of stakeholder groups to achieve outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with volunteers and supporters to achieve program goals
- Experience designing and/or delivering successful citizen science or environmental projects, outreach or communication programs
- Experience in scientific communications and report writing
- Qualifications in Environmental Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER
CCWA is committed to creating a workplace that supports our staff to do their best work and develop professionally. To support this we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Birthday leave
- Gifted leave (over Christmas and New Year)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to supporting your professional development
To apply, head to our Ethical Jobs listing.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, a diverse range of genders, people with disability and others with diverse experiences to apply for this opportunity.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] using the subject line: Program Manager - Citizen Science enquiry via EthicalJobs, for any questions you may have about the role.