Program Manager - Nature
The Program Manager (Nature) will help accelerate CCWA's work to progress the actions needed to protect and restore nature in Western Australia and support nature as a climate solution.
Working with our Programs Director, you will devise and execute strategies to increase awareness and concern about the decline of Australia’s natural world, build support for the solutions we need to protect and restore nature amongst communities, governments and businesses, and activate everyday Western Australians to advocate for nature.
WHO WE ARE
The Conservation Council of WA (CCWA) is Western Australia’s leading not-for-profit environment group, with a history of running strategic, people-powered campaigns that win action on climate change and improved environmental outcomes.
- Hours: Full-time (part-time considered for the right candidate)
- Location: The position is based in West Perth, Western Australia. We are open to considering remote/flexible working arrangements or assisting in relocation for the right candidate.
- Salary guide: $100,000 - 110,000 p/a + super, dependent on skills and experience
- Design and implement impactful campaign tactics and interventions that deliver on campaign objectives
- Identify and engage trusted messengers to reach target audiences and influence decision-makers
- Proactively identify and rapidly respond to strategic reactive opportunities to further campaign objectives
- Write high-quality, evidence-based and engaging campaign briefs and communications content
- Build and maintain proactive relationships with external stakeholders and partners, including political advisors, NGOs, scientists and legal experts
- Be an effective advocate in public forums, news media, and social media
- At strategic moments assist in coordinating mobilisations that drive momentum
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise competing demands, responding thoughtfully to multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building and leading an effective team
- Demonstrated track record of success in strategic communications and project management
- Demonstrated success in developing strategic partnerships and relationships with a broad range of stakeholder groups to achieve outcomes
- Strong group work and facilitation skills and can adapt plans and processes to meet the needs of others.
- Ability to work with volunteers and supporters to achieve program goals
- A love of nature and a strong understanding of biodiversity conservation issues, or if not, are able to rapidly get across them
To apply, head to our listing on Ethical Jobs or Seek.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, a diverse range of genders, people with disability and others with diverse experiences to apply for this opportunity.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] using the subject line: Program Manager - Nature for any questions you may have about the role